Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Intro to Tracking Terror Blog

Ok, I just wanted to take a few moments to introduce both myself and the purpose for this blog.

Who are you, and what makes you qualified to blog on terrorism?

My name is Dillon. I'm currently 18 years old and a brand new freshman in college. I'm pursuing a Bachelors' Degree in psychology. Part of the reason I'm able to make a news blog is that I'm currently enrolled in a journalism class or two, so I'm learning about reporting and this gives me good practice in addition to giving you an alternate news source as well as a site dedicated to reporting on global terrorist attacks.

The other reason I feel able to report on terrorism is my future career plans. After college, I'm going to become an Air Force linguist, then transfer to the CIA's National Clandestine Service, where I will hopefully serve in the Middle East or former Soviet Bloc area. Therefore, I've studied quite of bit of terrorism and related subjects.

What this blog is:

As I stated above, this is written as an alternate news outlet (I take from all sources available, thus you're getting a fuller picture than from any one network, and one that should be more accurate) as well as to provide a dedicated source for reading news solely on the subject of terrorism.

What is blog is NOT:

A friend, retired from the intelligence community and special operations forces once told me "One of the first steps to taking the weapons out of the hands of stupid people is taking the typewriters from the media". This blog will NOT present any information deemed harmful to counter/anti terrorist efforts. We will simply report the news in the most effective and informative way possible, nothing more. Some theories on terrorism (causes, etc) may be presented, as well as biographical data on terrorists and terror organizations.

**NOTE** The author(s) of this blog are not racist, and do not discriminate in any way, be it skin tone, religion, etc. Any views presented herein that reflect such agendas do NOT reflect the beliefs or agenda of the author(s) or this blog.

There is a large distinction in Muslim culture between the word "Islamic" and "Islamist". Islamist is the word used to refer to the radical, violent members of the Muslim faith. In other words, the terrorists. The author(s) will make their best effort to always maintain an awareness of their word choice in this regard. But, please remember, we are only human. If we use the wrong wording, no offense or malice was meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment